BLACK BOOK POETRY-- PART TWO

"Bubbles"
summer 2001

my foot aches
I busted it with a piano bench
I busted it while quoting shakespeare
my foot aches
now my lover's on the stage
doing what I was going to do
crazy
well, of course it would have been 
different, we're different people
my foot really hurts
It's got nothing to do with what's going on with him, but it hurts
none-the-less
I didn't do this 'cause I thought
I'd get to wigged-out in the head.
he ripped my book to get it.
that sort of makes me mad.
I wanted to read that
I can't cross my legs with my foot
the way it is
that makes it hard to write


"Hard"
summer 2001 for a friend.

You wear dark glasses in the rain
they mask the water, mask the pain
pointing fingers to yourself
putting effort on the shelf
feel the only one to blame.


Tie a bed sheet to your arm
take your body, shed it's harm
standing naked by yourself
wearing masks of someone else
overestimating charm


but you...
you know what you do...
you know what you fake...
you know you won't break...
you...
you knock on the door...
and run away sore...
it opened for you.


Lay your back down on the wood
helps you struggle when you should
hear a laugh out in the dark
it's a message it's a spark
eat the body, take the food


and you...
you know what you need...
you're able to feed...
and walk through the door...
you...
you make a loud sound...
you can't feel the crown...
of thorns on his head....


hum!
hum along! sing with me this brand new song.
sleep!
by yourself,
he is near, let  him help.


you're a beeper in the woods
a tickle finger on the bruise
you can choke up on the stage
quiet down inside your rage
it's so easy, it's a snooze


for you...
you know what to do,,,
when lights are on bright...
and muscles are tight...
you...
you'll fight your way through...
blow wind in the air...
and hope someone cares...


breath!
breath with me!
open eyes, look and see!
dance!
dance for joy!
all your sin is destroyed!






"Untitled"

I'm blind to you
I'm sorry
Let me go and I'll stay forever
I sleep,
and my dreams will teach me
my mind.
I have so many memories
lost inside.

Comments