In the End

In the End


I lived a life of harmony 
and dischord
and it was awesome
I have danced in the halls of locked doors
and 
in the 
twinkle of
your prior life...


do you ever choke up thinking
thinking of things past?
thinking of things to come?


do you ever find a lump in your throat 
when you think 
of all of those
you have had the privlege 
of sharing your life with


I am a queen
I am a victor
I am the most wealthy person on earth
thinking


of all of you.


we are all here together
you 
and me
and...
that guy.


one day we never were.
there were model t's and horses
no one had heard of an ipad,
let alone 
and iphone
or a phone 
at all for that matter


we were all twinklings in our parents eyes


all of us--
the terrorists 
and the fundamentalists
and the lovers
and the haters
and the liberals
and the blue and red states
and the people in between
who only want 
to vote for the candidate.


we weren't yet
except with God--
who some don't even believe in...


and we were just there
somewhere we don't even remember
getting along
drinking red wine 
probably imported from France...


and then
suddenly,
like a flash of lightening
we WERE


without apology


and I was there with you


we learned to eat
and to drink
and to drool
and slobber
and fall
and stumble
and crawl...


and someone held our hands
I'm not sure who
maybe our moms
or our dads
or our grandmas


but I'm sure it wasn't a bomb
or a textbook or an american flag.


we didn't know what beer was
but we sure do now...


and christmas came
and christmas went
and haunakah came and went


and we ate pured squash
if our sister didn't squash it in our face first...


And we stayed up late,
but not to party


and we cried 
and didn't understand
and had to be taught
to think
and to trust that we would wake in the morning...


and we grew


and I was I
and you were you...


I miss you, the way you were


can't we just remember how it was when we were consumed with urp-up and we wet our pants continually instead of dwelling on how different we are?
that's all extra crap anyway...


remember when?


someday we won't be either...
we'll be food for all those creatures we use RAID on to make sure they
stay out
of our homes
our basements
our lives


Let's sing until that day comes...
the day we go the way of the model T
and the ipad
distant memories on the
footpads
 of history


let's sing.
and dance
and act
and live
and love
and remember


we are one...
we are of the same cloth


Don't dwell on how we're all different siblings...
we're siblings none-the-less.


I love you my brother
I love you my sister...


now put the freakin' gun down
and let's just sing...


for Tonight...
we are...
Tonight... this silent night...
we are...


and the world begins again.

Comments