Movie's I'll never see... or well, PAY to see.

Look, everyone wants a paycheck, and all creative types want to make their way doing what they love and ONLY what they love (acting, writing, directing...)  I am no different, but when I look at the beauty and art and power of storytelling that can come out of films and then I see THIS stuff... well, lets say there's a reason I left hollywood, and it wasn't just the price of rent.

Here is a perfect example of a knock off on EVERYTHING.  "300" was not cinematic magic, but it was original.  this is 300 but with a gold hue.

 Immortals

And then... though I thought, when told the plot, that it was a joke... the tale of a 1980's game put to the big screen; I was clearly wrong.  What's next?  The cinematic adaptation of "Hungry Hungry Hippo"?

Real Steel

I'd like to think of this as Hugh Jackman's self imposed 401K... yunno, just in case the things that actually use his talents run dry.  I mean, come on, not only is it a rip off (a fake cell phone break down?); it's a second rate rip-off of a futuristic world where we use Rock 'em Sock 'em robots as high entertainment?  I'm sorry, but I'll become a fan of Cricket before that.

Honestly... making money is just fine, but please don't ever lecture me on art or how 'Wall Street' is bleeding us dry if you go see either of these films (these films help FUEL Wall Street).

Look, I don't think the world needs to be filled with only snobbish art films.  In fact I (ask my husband) usually have to be convinced to go to indie films while I will readily stand in line late into the night to see the likes of Harry Potter, Star Wars and Lord of the Rings.  Big budget or small, drama or comedy, action or period piece; it's still about great story-telling.

So maybe teenagers will like this tripe, even MY teenage self (I'll confess I used to watch Stephen Segal and Jean Claude VanDamme movies); but I promise, when "Tetris-the movie" comes out... I'm boycotting.

Comments